Monday, October 01, 2012

How Long, O Lord...

Because it is October, and I haven't been paying attention to what's happening in baseball (my father's ashes are churning in his urn), I checked the league standings online. Man... the Cubs can't buy a game! It looks like the only thing they can give thanks about is the Astros.

I thought they had a chance in '08, and I rooted for them hard, only to be disappointed in the end. I blogged about it then, and I think the 13th Psalm is still in order - and for things other than baseball!

Keep praying for the Cubbies. They need it.

Pax,
Sky+



(Originally posted Monday, October 6, 2008)

I am not a die-hard Cubs fan, though I do have a preference for the National League. But it's hard not to root for the Cubs if they get into post-season.

All I can figure is that the Cubbies must be cursed. A great regular season... and then in the playoffs, they boot the ball out in the field, and have no bats at the plate.

I just don't know what else to say. I'll just let the psalmist lament for me:
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
 
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.
- Psalm 13

Please keep Cubs players and fans in your prayers. Their mourning will not be short.

Pax,
Sky+

2 comments:

JonAltman said...

Hey, any team can have a bad century (or two).

John Wesley Leek said...

That is funny. Official Psalm of the Cubs! :)