It sounds kind of screwy… but I look forward to the Lenten season each year. The attention we give to Jesus and His love for us fills me with great expectation for the Easter celebration.
This year, we are going to begin some new and different disciplines to keep a holy Lent. Rather than be just busy work, I think they will be ways to focus on our discipleship and to be reminded of the greatest love story of all: the Passion of our Lord.
Here is a Lenten schedule for this season:
Every Sunday morning during Lent:
• Holy Communion, 9:15-9:30, church sanctuary, beginning this Sunday, 2/25.
Holy Week Schedule:
Palm Sunday (4/1)
• 8:15, 10:45, Palm Sunday with Holy Communion
Monday (4/2) & Tuesday (4/3):
• 9:30 AM, Mid-Morning Prayer, Sanctuary. Coffee and fellowship to follow.
• 6:30 PM, Maundy Thursday Service/Holy Communion, Sanctuary
Good Friday (4/6)
• 6:30 PM, Good Friday/Tenebrae (“Service of Shadows”) Service, Sanctuary
Holy Saturday (4/7)
• Prayer Vigil (asking people to offer to pray for 30 minutes during the day. More later.)
• 7 AM, Reidland Community Sunrise Service, park across from church
• 10:45 AM – ONE worship service, Church Sanctuary
We know that our schedules are all different, and our prayer is that Holy Week will afford people of all schedules some opportunities to center themselves in prayer and in Christ to experience God’s love and continuing saving power.