Friday, March 20, 2009

March Madness


I write this as I am taking some vacation time at the Kentucky Boys State Tournament. Last night was pretty exciting - a record crowd for a 1st round game of 21,408 folks made the atmosphere even more charged. Our own 1st Region team Graves County lost a heartbreaker on Wednesday to 6th Region's Louisville Central 53-31. For those who might not know: Kentucky still has open-division basketball; no classifications. Big schools, little schools, and in-between schools all compete against each other. It wasn't so long ago that I came here to watch Region One's Carlisle Co play in the Sweet Sixteen - a school of about 260 students. There are lots of David vs. Goliath stories to be told throughout the years.

I am uploading my NCAA bracket. I'd love to see Memphis win it all, but I don't think it will hold - and I am going with my family roots and picking Kansas, who is no stranger to the roundball. Best of luck to all on their brackets. You can click on mine to enlarge it.

Sky+

No comments: