Monday, October 06, 2008

Holy Cow... and %@$# !


I am not a die-hard Cubs fan, though I do have a preference for the National League. But it's hard not to root for the Cubs if they get into post-season. 

All I can figure is that the Cubbies must be cursed. A great regular season... and then in the playoffs, they boot the ball out in the field, and have no bats at the plate.

I just don't know what else to say. I'll just let the psalmist lament for me:
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.
- Psalm 13


Please keep Cubs players and fans in your prayers. Their mourning will not be short.

Pax,
Sky+

1 comment:

The Tractarian said...

Yes we Cub fans have been dissapointed again. But as my late Grandfather and his dad use to say, "Next year will be our year."

http://thetractarian.blogspot.com/